T1W2 – 9 Sept 2022
Mid-Autumn Festival Celebrations
Full moon, big moon,
Reunion and Celebration of Mid-Autumn Festival.
Along with the songs, SSIS kick off the Mid-Autumn Festival celebrations. The Chinese departments from preschool to senior school have planned a variety of interesting activities for students to learn and appreciate the tradition custom and cultural significance of the Mid-Autumn Festival. Students had the opportunities to perform on the stage, taste moon cakes, make moon cakes, and guess Lantern Riddles with their friends.
I believe all students enjoyed learning and experiencing the Chinese traditional festival.
Chinese Leader Team
Thank you so much for your continuous support and trust in the Chinese department. Let’s work together, hand in hand, in this new school year and witness the achievement of each child. Below is the contact information for the Chinese leader team. You can talk to us anytime if you have any concerns or questions.
- Director of Chinese Language and Culture
- Chen Yue Lin: email@example.com
- Preschool Chinese Coordinator
- Liang Yan: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Primary School Chinese HOD
- Zhu Rui Qiu: email@example.com
- Primary Chinese Coordinator (Chinese Culture & Chinese Reading)
- Li Xue Hua: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Senior School Chinese HOD:
- Xin Ling Chen: email@example.com
Chinese Level Placement Test for G1, G7 and new students
In the first week of the new academic year, the Chinese department will organize G1, G7 and new students to have a Chinese Level Placement Test.
G1 Chinese teachers will identify pupils with little Chinese background for Foundation Chinese class. The rest of the students will start our curriculum with a two-month intensive Hanyu Pinyin module, followed by a language assessment in November. We will allocate each child to a suitable Chinese level based on his/her assessment result and the teacher’s observation. The students will also be provided with relevant textbooks.
- The Advanced Chinese students will use the local Chinese textbook , which is published by MOE of China.
- The Standard Chinese and the Foundation Chinese students will use textbook , which is published by MOE of Singapore.
All G7 and new students will be allocated to a suitable Chinese level based on his/her reading comprehensive ability and writing ability assessment results. The Chinese levels are Advanced Chinese, Standard Chinese and Foundation Chinese. The students will also be provided with relevant textbooks.