SSIS celebrates more than two decades of excellence and anticipates more successes in the years ahead. The school wants to recognise our students’ relentless effort in living up to the School Motto: “Strive for Excellence”.
All scholarships and awards are open to new and existing SSIS students who meet the eligibility criteria.
The SSIS IBDP Scholarship is awarded to students entering Grade 11 on the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IBDP) at the start of each academic year in August. This scholarship recognise students who perform highly in their academics and community involvement.
There will be two tiers of scholarships awarded:
- The SSIS IBDP ‘Merit’ Scholarship, which covers 50% of the tuition fees along with a technology voucher, with the total award valued at approximately RMB 290k.
- The SSIS IBDP ‘Excellence’ Scholarship, which covers 100% of the tuition fees along with a technology voucher, with the total award valued at approximately RMB 570k.
- Based on a two-year IB Diploma Programme. More details will be shared with the award recipients regarding the technology voucher.
- Scholarship holders are expected to achieve academic excellence at the end of Grade 11 to be eligible for the renewal of the scholarship in the second year of the IB Diploma Programme.
The SSIS Athletics Scholarship is awarded to highly-talented individuals who possess outstanding sports achievements, meeting expectations for academic and community involvement.
The scholarship covers 50% of tuition fees and will be awarded to a limited number of students on a merit basis. The Scholarship is renewable at the end of each academic year based on the maintenance of high sports achievement in representing SSIS and community involvement.
The SSIS Aesthetics Scholarship is awarded to highly-talented individuals who possess outstanding performance and arts achievements, meeting expectations for academic and community involvement.
The scholarship covers 50% of tuition fees and will be awarded to a limited number of students on a merit basis. The Scholarship is renewable at the end of each academic year based on the maintenance of high performing or visual arts achievement in representing SSIS and community involvement.
The SSIS Technology and Innovation Scholarship, recognises students’ achievements, nurture students’ passion, and commitment toward technology. The SSIS Technology Scholarship Award is given to tech-savvy individuals who possess outstanding technology achievements, embrace technology as a learning tool, and harness technology to bring innovation and change to the community.
The scholarship covers 50% tuition fee and is subjected to renewal at the end of each academic year based on the maintenance of high performance and community involvement.
The Excellence in Leadership and Community Service Award recognises students who display excellence in leadership and/or community service.
Attributes of leadership and contribution to the community play a key part of our SSIS education. We hope to identify and recognise students and use the awards to encourage and motivate similarly inspiring behaviour among the student body.
We want to encourage each student to develop the character, moral virtues and leadership qualities required to contribute positively to the wider community.
The award covers 30,000RMB of the tuition fees and is renewable every year upon application process and criteria.
- Scholarship holders who have continued to achieve excellence throughout the academic year are eligible to request the renewal of their scholarship in the next academic year.
- The Scholarship Renewal has to be submitted to the respective Director/Coordinator or Divisional Principal.
- The current scholarship holder has to submit the required application form without the personal statement and references before the published dates.
- The scholarship holders will be informed on the status of their scholarship renewal on the last school day.
Please refer to the following documents for the application/renewal of the scholarships:
- Fully complete the application form above.
- A copy of previous school reports, certificates and/or transcripts must be submitted for new and existing SSIS students.
- A personal statement (essay).
- A minimum two (2) recommendation letters are required for new and existing SSIS students.
- Submit additional portfolio/ documentation. (eg. External Prizes and Awards, Sports Achievements etc.)
- Shortlisted students will be invited to attend an interview.
KEY DATES FOR EXISTING STUDENTS
|Application Deadline||8 April 2022 (Latest by noon)|
|Invitation Sent out to Short-listed Candidates||22 April 2022|
|Interviews with the Scholarship Committee||Week Commencing 25 April 2022 onwards|
|Final Announcement of Scholarship Award Recipients||Before 1 September 2022|
For prospective students, please email scholarship application documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any enquiries regarding scholarship matters, please email: email@example.com.