SSIS celebrates more than two decades of excellence and anticipates more successes in the years ahead. The school wants to recognise our students’ relentless effort in living up to the School Motto: “Strive for Excellence”.
All scholarships are open to new and existing SSIS students who meet the eligibility criteria.
The SSIS IBDP Scholarship award to students entering Grade 11 on the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IBDP) at the start of each academic year in August.
There will be two tiers of scholarships awarded:
- The SSIS IBDP ‘Merit’ Scholarship Award, which pays 50% of the tuition fee along with a technology voucher, with the total award valued at approximately RMB 290k.
- The SSIS IBDP ‘Excellence’ Scholarship Award, which pays 100% of the tuition fee along with a technology voucher, with the total award valued at approximately RMB 570k.
- Based on a two-year IB Diploma Programme. More details will be shared with the award recipients regarding the technology voucher.
- Scholarship holders are expected to achieve academic excellence at the end of Grade 11 to be eligible for the renewal of the scholarship in the second year of the IB Diploma Programme.
The SSIS Athletics Scholarship award, which pays 50% tuition fee will be awarded to a limited number of students on a merit basis. The Scholarship is renewable at the end of each academic year based on the maintenance of high sports achievement in representing SSIS and community involvement.
The SSIS Aesthetics Scholarship award, which pays 50% tuition fee will be awarded to a limited number of students on a merit basis. The Scholarship is renewable at the end of each academic year based on the maintenance of high performing or visual arts achievement in representing SSIS and community involvement.
- Scholarship holders who have continued to achieve excellence throughout the academic year are eligible to request the renewal of their scholarship in the next academic year.
- The Scholarship Renewal has to be submitted to the respective Director/Coordinator or Divisional Principal.
- The current scholarship holder has to submit the required application form without the personal statement and references before the published dates.
- The scholarship holders will be informed on the status of their scholarship renewal on the last school day.
Please refer to the following documents for the application/renewal of the scholarships:
- Fully complete the scholarship application form above.
- Scholarship applications by existing SSIS students must be fully completed and submitted by the published deadline.
- Students applying as a new enrolment to SSIS may apply for a scholarship prior to enrolment.
- A copy of previous school reports, certificates and/or transcripts must be submitted for new and existing SSIS students.
- A personal statement (essay).
- A minimum two (2) recommendation letters are required for new and existing SSIS students.
- Submit additional portfolio/ documentation. (eg. External Prizes and Awards, Sports Achievements etc.)
- Shortlisted students will be invited to attend an interview.
|Application Deadline (For existing SSIS Students)||11 May 2020 (Latest by 12 Noon)|
|Invitation Sent out to Short-listed Candidates||15 May 2020|
|Interviews with the Scholarship Committee||Week Commencing 18 May 2020 onwards|
|Final Announcement of Scholarship Award Recipients||Before 1 September 2020|
If you have any enquiries regarding scholarship matters, please email: email@example.com.