T3W10 – 26 May 2023
Please click on the following tabs below for more information on:
The Student of the Year (SOY) award is a prestigious award that is held in high regard. Every year, one student from each class is awarded the SOY award for their class. The SOY award is voted by the subject teachers focusing on the eight SSIS Learner Attributes taught in primary school (Compassionate, Reflective, Communicative, Open-minded, Empathetic, Respectful, Courageous and Resilient).
- Homeroom teacher nominates 4 students for SOY
- Subject teacher scores the 4 students using the SOY Rubric
- The student with the highest score from each class is shared with the principal
- Student Of the Year winners are confirmed
- Parents are informed by an email from the Homeroom teacher
The Student of the Year award ceremony for this year will take place:
Date: Monday, 5th June
Time: 8:45 am
All Student of the Year winners should be dressed in the formal school uniform (no PE attire).
The Primary School Graduation Ceremony will take place on 8 June at 13:30 in the PAC with a reception to follow on the PAC pitch. There will be rehearsals on Thursday, 25 May and Wednesday, 7 June. Please RSVP via email to your child’s homeroom teacher with the number of family members attending the ceremony by 30 May. Students are reminded to please wear the formal school uniform on 8 June, including black socks and black shoes. We are looking forward to celebrating the Grade 6 students’ achievements as they graduate from Primary School!
Congratulations to the brilliant students from Shanghai Singapore International School who participated in the SASMO Competition! The dedication and passion for mathematics have truly paid off. We are thrilled to announce that remarkable efforts of students have resulted in a range of outstanding achievements.
A special congratulations goes to WANG, Chen Yu Xing for earning the prestigious Silver Medal, showcasing exceptional mathematical skills and problem-solving abilities.
We also want to extend our heartfelt congratulations to the seven students who received Bronze Medals: WANG, Ethan; XIE, Xiangyu; CHAN, Jui-Jung; SHI, Aimee; TANG, Chit; LU, Yinghao; and NG, Yong Jun Ryan. The dedication and determination have earned them a well-deserved place among the top performers.
In addition, we would like to recognize the five students who received Honourable Mentions: CHEN, Hanyu Harry; CHIEN, Po-Yu; CHU, Doyoon; CHEUNG, Nathan Ho Hei; and KIM, Jimin. Their strong problem-solving skills and mathematical ability have earned them this prestigious distinction.
We also want to acknowledge the commitment and enthusiasm of our participants who received Certificates of Participation: JIANG, Hanna; LIU, Xin; VADGAMA, Durva Miteshkumar; WANG, Xiaoya Sophia; and LIU, Le Xuan. Their active engagement and dedication to mathematics are truly commendable.
This success in the SASMO Math Olympiad brings pride and honour to Shanghai Singapore International School Primary Division. May this accomplishment inspire SSIS students to continue pursuing excellence in mathematics and beyond.
The Prize Giving ceremony will take place on Monday, June 12th, 2023, as our community will celebrate the remarkable achievements of our students. The event will recognise exceptional individuals who have met the criteria for various awards. The dress code for the awardees is formal uniform with black shoes.
A rehearsal will take place on Friday afternoon, June 9th, 2023, where the awardees will have a walk-through of the ceremony.
The awards to be presented are as follows:
- Pathfinder Award: This esteemed award will be given to one Grade 6 student who has demonstrated excellence in various areas: The recipient will embody the qualities of a well-rounded individual, including academic prowess, exemplary behavior, leadership capacity, and inspiration to others. The student should have made significant contributions to SSIS.
- Best in Subject: Three outstanding students will be honoured as the top achievers of their grade level in each of the following subjects: English Language, Chinese Language, Mathematics, and Science.
- Best in Class: This accolade will be awarded to one student per class from Grade 1 to Grade 6. The recipient will have achieved the highest total average scores in English Language, Chinese Language, Mathematics, and Science throughout Term 1 to 3.
The parents of the prize winners will be invited to the ceremony to witness the celebration of these remarkable achievements and applaud the exceptional dedication and commitment of our students.
Ms Ramida Din (Primary School Principal)
Mr Tony Rampton (Primary School Assistant Principal)