STRIVE FOR EXCELLENCE
At SSIS, we offer a truly international education in a communal environment, where students strive to excel in many different areas.
Shanghai Singapore International School offers a balanced and holistic education that not only prepares our students academically but also in extra-curricular activities, of which there are many to choose. We are dedicated to maximising and acknowledging the learning and individual growth, and assisting students in their development of positive self-image. Our students are high achievers in many areas, and every year they take part in several competitions inside and outside the school.
- Our 2019 class had 24 offers from the world’s Top 50-ranked schools – including one to the University of Oxford (world ranking #1) – and two offers to Imperial College London (world ranking # 8).
- Over RMB 1.45 million in undergraduate scholarships have so far been offered to our students.
- Majors/courses offered are also very diversified.
IB 2019 RESULTS
Our 2019 graduates’ average IB Score was 33, well above the worldwide average of 29.8.
- 92.3% of candidates received full IB Diplomas; with IBDP average of 5.26
- 43: Highest diploma points awarded to a candidate
- 33: Average points obtained by SSIS candidates who passed the diploma, above the world average of 29.8
IGCSE 2019 RESULTS
The IGCSE results achieved by our Grade 10 students last year were equally outstanding, and served as a true reflection of our academic success in SSIS.
- 93.46% of students with a grade range of A*-C
- 45.78% of our subject entries were awarded A/A*
- 13 students obtained grade A and above for 6 subjects
UNIVERSITY OF WATERLOO MATHEMATICS
- Grades 7 & 8 had three distinctions and two had outstanding achievement certificates.
- Grade 9 took the 97th rank with three distinctions and one medalist.
- Grade 10 took 15th place with eight distinctions and one top medalist.
- Grade 11 students took 102nd position with three distinctions and one medalist.
ASIA PACIFIC MATHEMATICAL OLYMPIAD
A total of 35 students (from Grades 5 and 6 from both campuses) participated in the first round of this year’s Asia Pacific Mathematical Olympiad for Primary Schools.
- Bronze Award Winners: PAN Qi (Grade 6 Pearl), FANG Letian (Grade 6 Amber), SAIGO Momoka (Grade 6 Pearl), HSU Ting Yen (Grade 6 Ivory)
- Silver Award Winners: SHI Zhengguo (Grade 6 Ruby), PARK Gyungmin (Grade 6 Pearl)
- Gold Award Winner: FUJII Eita (Grade 6 Ivory)
- Eita was invited to Hwa Chong Institution in Singapore to compete with his peers from Singapore and the Asia-Pacific region.
SISAC TRACK AND FIELD BOYS 3RD OVERALL SHANGHAI CHAMPIONSHIPS
The boys were able to secure 3rd spot through their overall points. Our athletes received medals in Javelin, Long Jump, 1500m, 400m, 4x100m Girls and Boys Relay.
ACAMIS GUANGZHOU GIRLS VOLLEYBALL 3RD PLACE
With five wins, we earned our place at the Cup Tournament with the city’s best results. The ACAMIS tournament provided the opportunity for the team to bounce back from a tough Cup Tournament. The girls came home with a much deserved 3rd place finish.